Course ID: CO-223
Develops understanding of the hand tools and power tools used in the construction trades. Identifies commonly used hand/power tools, selecting the correct tool to complete assigned projects and working in a safe and competent manner. Emphasizes safety and care of tools.
Intended Outcomes for the course
- Operate hand and power tools used by carpenters safely and effectively on the job sites.
- Select the best suited tool for the task at hand.
- Recognize safe and unsafe construction work sites conditions.
- Maintain hand and power tools for effective use and longevity.
- Research tools before purchasing.
Themes, issues and concepts
- Cutting hand tools
- Abrasive hand tools
- Cutting power tools
- Abrasive power tools
- Pneumatic tools
- Tool maintenance
- Job safety
- OSHA regulations